Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Peaceful Warrior

I sometimes wonder what made me this way.
Afraid to go into the world, to pursue that which I desire.
Do I somehow deserve this?
Some cosmic predestined fate that shackles me to my character?

You and me, we were two peas in a pod.
My head would float above the clouds, and yours would flow with the riverbanks.
We hunted for days.
We searched for our prey relentlessly.
Our motives and means were different.

I was curious. I was happy.
I wanted to play.

But you were angry. You wanted to share your rage.
Mania flowed from you like noxious gas.

We had it cornered.
And in an instant, with a single blast,
Our lives took off away from each other.
As we realized that there was a line,
Made clearly in the ground.
I had come up to it, peered at it, and ran promptly away.
You flew at it, headlong, like the daily train.
You trampled it.
The line was all smudged up when you were done.

The difference between us.
The reason I am the way I am.
Is because we are two sides of a coin.

The battles I fight are with the world,
while you fight only yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment