Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mubarak

I had a dream. I was in a large room with dividers splitting it into
two halves, and thirds in each half. The walls were all black but
spackled with blue paint, like stars. Little girls were playing with
blue streamers, dressed all in white and glowing just slightly. They
ran from room to room singing a song that was both beautiful and
terrifying. I followed slowly behind. As they entered a sectioned
portion of the room, their glow would light up the walls. Frames hung
there, paintings of things I had forgotten long ago, and had never
even began to think I would ever see again.

The girls kept moving, and the rooms they left would stay slightly lit
up, somehow congealing into points of light. I stopped to watch in one
room as the light formed into a seed, and planted itself in the air in
front of me. It pushed out a tendril of pale silk, then another, until
a chandelier of cobweb and wan light was hanging there in the air. I
turned back to the girls and saw that they were now playing around a
blue pyramid frame, made out of bone. a dark figure came out of a
corner, hooded, and knelt to one of the girls. The hooded figure, a
woman, said "I will buy this for $200".

And then the phone rang.

No comments:

Post a Comment