Tuesday, March 15, 2011

i was searching for the things that never change

What am I searching for? Your steady hands, thumbs brushing over collarbones, fingertips tucking in a stray hair. All of us lying down on the carpet in my room, shoulders against each other, windows open. A gentle nudge in the morning, get up it's noon already do you want lunch? The radio blaring when he forgets to close the garage door. The faint light in the basement and noises the sewing machine makes when she steps on the peddle, when she makes that last stitch. That look on your face - you know what I'm thinking about, but you'll wait until I'm ready. I guess there are a few things.


~turn up the stars


What am I searching for? I trudge through virgin wood, snow silently
absorbs my presense. You point off to the side to a lone deer,
nibbling on an exposed bush. What is it doing there? It's ears perk
up. We stop, unsure why we are enraptured with such beasts. It bolts
off into the distance, the silence broken by the crackle of ice and
slush. You look at me, and I at you. I draw you close, making our
lonely world even smaller. A look of slight confusion, of worry, of
some apprehension and much promise passes through your eyes. Is this
it? I cradle your head with my hand, and I pull in for that first
kiss.

A feeling of... Incompleteness. Of misunderstanding. This moment had
brought so many things to a close, and yet left so much unanswered. I

guess there are a few things

No comments:

Post a Comment