Monday, March 7, 2011

Cicadas

There are some things people repress. Abuse as a child, some horrific
ordeal. Things your brain knows it can't handle. It keeps it hidden
for you so you can go on living. You cnb feel it crawling, like a
dirty wall painted over but starting to peel.

I don't have that problem. I have thoughts I can't get rid of. My
brain decided these things I can't handle, so it springs it on me when
I least suspect it. I want to block it out but I can't. And the worst
part is when I think to get rid of them, my mind fills with a million
voices talking. Like that sound in the summer you hear, in the fields
as the sun is about to set. I can't even hear myself think. And then
my mind wanders to something else. I forget what I was thinking about,
or that I even wanted to forget. Until the next time I'm surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment