Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gömböc

The world through newborn eyes
Too violent for me
Bloodshed, jealousy, and confusion cast long shadows on landscapes
filled with hateful eyes and empty vases

You turn to one side

I push such thoughts from my mind
I reject them. They have no place here
They are on distant lands and I am on an island.
They crash upon the shore but I am on a snowy peak.
They scale the mountainside but I am soaring far above.

You turn another side.

I am far above it all.
I am the master of my domain.
I am the master of THIS domain.
They cannot harm me.

You turn another side

I descend upon them.
They will die for this.
They will suffer
I will be victorious and stand on their corpses.
And I will weep.

You turn another side.

I have created this world.
I am another set of angry eyes.
I am another empty vase.
When did I become the bad guy?

You turn another side.

I will sit on the bleachers.
I will take the backseat.
I will do as I'm told and wait my turn.
Something will come of this.

You turn. Slowly. Rocking back and forth. Easing, slowly, to a stop.

We collide together. But you are unfaltering. The bedrock to my ocean
of remorse. You are the time and place I have been searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment