Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cheri

My eyes burn holes on all I gaze upon. I wear my anger as a cloak.
Fear is instilled in the footprints I leave behind. My fingers can
barely keep still, I need to clasp my hands tightly together. I force
these emotions to stay in focus. My constitution must not waver. It
cannot. I blot out the sun with images of mangled corpses, drown out
the crowd with the cries of screaming babies that no longer will see
their mothers.

Then I hear one child. She is not yet gone. She is still here. What
does she know of the world and all that is wrong with it? What does
she know of hate or love, race or class or creed. She knows only the
eyes of her mother. She knows the sounds of her home, her toys that
entertain her so. She too will soon cry of pain, endlessly. For what?

Why will happen to my child? Of my husband? Is this the right thing?
Is this... No. No thinking of that.

I will destroy them. I will destroy them all. And it will make the
world a better place. My hate, and my loyalty, will cleanse the world
just a little more into the place I want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment