Friday, March 11, 2011

Dongdaemun

Lights dot the canal, lovers walk hand in hand moving like frogs, lilypad to lilypad of lamplight
Retreating finally to darkness
We know there is something here, an unexplainable feeling
A feeling we don't want to lose, we don't understand it right now, but forever want to keep it
We walk down boulevards, buildings that never sleep with signs that light up the sky like broad daylight
A man spots us from his storefront, he holds up two cans and an eyebrow
I look to you, you glare back at me, and i throw my bead back and laugh
I clasp your hand tighter into mine and run to him to buy a can or two
To think, such a place has been here
Has been built, people have come and gone, has changed and grown
And I missed it all, only because my courage was held in the clasp of your hand

No comments:

Post a Comment