Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Love letters I never sent #4


I am going to be late coming from work. It was a long day. I was stuck in meetings so I couldn't call until now, and I'm about to go into another.

While sitting in the last meeting I was thinking about that time. When we sat on that park bench eating ice cream together. Your face had been drenched with sweat, it was a pretty hot summer day. I remember back then I had just focused on the ice cream, how cool and delicious it was. I remember I had mostly ignored you. I remember I had bitched about all the shit that had been going on in my life, and you had listened without interrupting. I wish I had paid more attention to you then. You were so beautiful, so perfect. You had your own problems that you had wanted to share, but I had ignored you. I was so selfish then. I still am, but maybe you just don't notice.

Anyways, I'll grab a bite to eat on my way home, so don't worry about me.
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment