Sunday, June 29, 2014

Someday, Maybe

Someday, maybe
Those are the words I used to think to myself
When I would sit and watch you from afar
Dreaming up all the wonderful things you must be up to
And even after we were far from each other
I would dream about you
And build you up like a doll
Dressing you up in my fantasies and desires
All the qualities I wish I had, I instead gave to you
Someday, maybe
I would dream but never allow myself to think it
You were, I thought my desire
But in fact you were my obstacle
All the things I wanted you to have
All the things I thought I lacked
I had them all
And you finally faded from my memory
Finally
And I finally stopped dreaming
Finally
Slowly, I started to see those merits in myself
So, finally, I am ready for you
Someday, maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment