Friday, November 29, 2013

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens


There's a lot of frightening things in the world
Fear of death
Of heights and spiders
Speaking in public
Fear of open spaces
And fear of closed spaces
(I wonder what would happen if those two fell in love)
There's even a fear of long words
(The word describing it is gigantic, you can look it up)
I'm not afraid of the normal things
I'm not afraid of a zombie apocalypse or vaccines
I'm not afraid thunder or lightning
Of falling or flying
I'm afraid that one day I'll wake up
Run my hands through your hair
And realize it was all a mistake
I'm not afraid of my parents dying
But I'm petrified of my kids living in a world without me in it
I'm afraid one day you'll all hate me because of how cautious I've been
I'm scared the world will wake up one day
And the rest of us won't

No comments:

Post a Comment