Monday, May 16, 2011

Unspeakable


I've been living on a plane of questionable karma.
Vision splintered by prisms of apathy and silence.
I break the riots in my mind every night with my first conscious breath,
drawn deeply to slow the vessels hurtling in my veins.
Lives long since lived and loved and died lay strewn in catacombs,
eroded away by the winds of time and change.
I rub my eyes gingerly,
making sure not to crack the delicate reality hanging just before me.
I plant my feet on the ground,
digging up dirt and surrounding my toes in earth and rock.
They wriggle slowly and still to a comfortable position,
taking root and absorbing the nutrients.
I stretch and yawn once more and I grind to a halt.
Hands outstretched.
Mouth agape.
Skin wrinkled and old.
I too have returned to the earth once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment