Monday, May 2, 2011

One note song


There are locks in my mind.
I have the keys for most of them.
But some of them I don't.
Some of them I misplace from time to time.
The keys for happiness and sadness are on my keyring all the time.
But the escape from boredom? Genius? I lose them between cushions and in tall grass. It's always a good day when I find them.
Some keys I never had. Courage. Drive. Passion. I don't have the keys for any of these.
I tried picking the locks, tried my other keys. They remain locked to me.
But you showed me strength. You broke through those doors, and showed
me the way through. How to do it for myself.
I can still feel the door struggle every time I push through.
But every time I do, every time I push myself to reach those places, it becomes a little easier to get back there.

These days I consistently stand on the other side, peering back at the boy I once was. But every once in awhile, I forget how to open those doors.
And then I feel lost and scared and alone, trapped in a dark room with doors locked, and forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment