Thursday, May 19, 2011

Look mom, no feet!


When I walk on my hands, the world makes a lot more sense.
There is always a firm roof over my head, and I cling to it to avoid falling into the abyss below.
I like to think that maybe I am standing on an invisible perch, and carrying the earth like Atlas.

When I walk on my hands, the ants and the worms soar above me, large and dominating, while birds scuttle below.
I pretend the squirrel staring quizzically at me is wearing space age suction cup boots, so it can go spelunking down a tree and into the leaves.

When I walk on my hands, I don't get tired and could really go all day like this.
Stairs are a bit tiring, but only when going up, not down.
If I met someone else walking on their hands, I'm not sure how I would greet them.
I think I would just pass them by.
I'm pretty shy like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment