Monday, July 4, 2011

The Stork

I can sometimes hear the laughter of children in my dream
They are children that haven't been born yet
I think they're yours
They are wonderful to be around,
They are extremely hilarious and witty
One of them spends all of his day trying to crack me up, and I him
I always get a stitch in my side because of him
The other one, she is shy, but sensitive
She seems to have wisdom beyond her years
She consoles me sometimes with the most adult of matters
And she holds me sometimes when I cry of the woes of my life
I hold her when she cries of the worries of hers
(hers are mostly of make believe monsters)

They will be amazing children
And they will grow up to be amazing people
They may not become rich or famous
But they will be nice, and good
They will be treasured by their friends and family
By you
They will bring sunshine and joy to the world

But for now they are still just children in my dreams
Waiting for you to bring them around for us all to meet

No comments:

Post a Comment