Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cathartic Symphony



I am the smile that is five minutes away
I am that nostalgic feeling you get as you stand at the subway platform, the gust of wind pushing and tugging at your clothes
I am the guy at the bar who pushed your shoulder just a little too hard, but you let it pass anyways
I am the picture tucked deep in your wallet
I am the dreams you get, on those certain lonely nights with the fan on and the window wide open
I am the shrieking children playing under splashing water, in the park on a late summer day
I am that dark place in your memory you dare not go alone
I am the name of everything you want in life
I am that missed opportunity you swear was the biggest mistake of your life, that you will never make again
I am the one shot of tequila too many
I am the words you left unsaid
I am the smile that is here right now
But I am not here to stay

No comments:

Post a Comment