Tuesday, December 17, 2013

It's about being flexible with your art


I don't know how to be creative and happy
Those spaces don't exist in the same planes in my mind
I wish they did
I wish I could write beautiful poems about uplifting moments
About redemption and glory
But it just seems so much easier to wallow in self pity
To write the verbal equivalent of punching myself in the gut
And just relishing in that desperate feeling
I feel tempted to just smash my head on the keyboard
Just over and over
Until the keyboard is sticky with a little bit of blood
And on the screen, still half illuminated and half shards of glass
Is the word 'FUCK' over and over
And I could sell it in MoMA for a million dollars
I'd stand beside it on display behind bulletproof plexiglass
Beside the display of the painting of just white paint on white canvas
And the suprematist exhibit on the fourth floor
And say, see, art!

No comments:

Post a Comment