Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I'm having a moment

I can feel the heat of the sun bursting in between and through the leaves
The wind picks at my jacket
As if to say
"Come on! Fly with us!"
And the grass is crisp and dry
Tickling the arches under my bare feet
And all I can see is trees and sky around me
And calm
And nothing
And I scream out
Pulsing my absolute abandon of joy back into the world
And I jump out into the air
And I close my eye
And hope and pray that I will freeze here
In this place and in this time
But all I have is the tug on my heart I feel
Every time someone says the word "Freedom"
And all I can think of is that quiet thicket
When there was nothing but life and happiness to the world
And the anger hid from us because we burned it with our shine
And the sadness slipped away into the dark shadows behind the trees
And there was just joy

No comments:

Post a Comment