Friday, September 21, 2012

Take a look at yourself and make a change

The pursuit of happiness in my own life has been a treacherous journey.
One filled with much doubt and anxiety.
There have been good days, and terrible days.
But always, always, I looked for happiness in the wrong places.
I looked for it in the things I did. In the people around me.
I treated happiness like it was something external to me, that had to be acquired, like food or money.

It wasn't until I found it, deep within myself. Shackled to my neuroses and self doubt, all weighing it down. It wasn't until I learned to unchain my happiness from my darkness, to paint the world with all the shades of happiness that my heart could spare, that I truly learned that happiness comes from within.

No comments:

Post a Comment