Sunday, September 18, 2011

All of the lights

I close my eyes and the universe past the clouds open up to me
I tumble backwards from the inside of my eye sockets, into a lake of warm milk, tasting of vanilla and sugar
The sky is a bright yellow, not from the sun, but from the million million stars apparent to me all at once
But I can see the edges of the universe, the stars reflecting off of it clear and hollow
Just milk and stars
Like the inside of a lightbulb
My feet burn with energy, expanding and oozing out of my skin as red hot lava and hardening to a soft chocolatey smooth cake
My eyes melt away into gooey sorbet dripping down and into the milk
No longer necessary as the universe unfolds to show the razor edge line of past melding into the future
A record needle following the line of time, playing out everyone's story as they pass into and out of the focus of the needle
It suddenly all makes so much sense, why we are what we are and do the evil we do
But the next beat of the bass enraptures me with a new reality

No comments:

Post a Comment